The practice offers an internet service called Patient Access, which allows you to access a range of services via your own computer or smartphone. Once you have signed up, you will be able to:
- Book or cancel appointments (SERVICE IS CURRENTLY SUSPENDED)
- Order repeat prescriptions
- View limited access to medical records including information about medication, allergies, vaccinations, test results.
The service is completely voluntary. If you do not want to use it, your treatment will not be affected in any way.
What are the advantages?
- It’s convenient; you can use it even when the practice is closed
- It saves you time making telephone calls
- It’s fast and direct as the information goes straight to the practice’s computer system
- It’s secure and there is an audit trail of all activity
- You can easily check information about your current appointments and medication
- It will free up the telephone system for other patients
How do I get started?
- To be able to use the system you must have a computer or smart phone with internet access.
- Ask at reception for an application form for online access.
- You must provide two forms of identification. One document must include a photo proof of identification with date of birth and full name (passport or driving licence). Second proof of identification must include your name and current address such as utility bill or any other appropriate documentation.
- When you have completed the form this will give us the necessary contact details and email address to enable us to process your registration.
The receptionist will either give you details of how to log on to the service including a PIN and password or post these to your home address. You must keep these login details safe.
You need to use these credentials to register on the Patient Access website. Once you’ve registered on to the Patient Access website you can start using the service straight away.
Go to the Patient Access website at www.patientaccess.com and register using the online instructions. This will give you access and allow you to book one GP appointment, but after that you will be asked to come into the Surgery with your ID to complete your registration and allow you full access.
Who can apply?
Patients must be aged 16 years or over to register for an online account.
Parents may apply for an account on behalf of their children where both parent and child are registered at the practice, and the child is aged under 11.
Carers may apply on behalf of patients they care for where both are registered at the practice and the carer has legal Power of Attorney for the patient or has been given explicit patient consent.
Find out more about the service and how you can manage your online account on the Patient Access website here.